The Castle of Commequiers

Come and enjoy its beautiful park and enjoy beautiful walks, playground for children.

Built in the second half of the XVth and XVIth centuries by Louis de Beaumont, lord of Plessis-Macé in Anjou, the castle of Commequiers, now property of the commune, was, like most of the castles of the Bas Poitou, dismantled on the orders of Cardinal Richelieu in 1628, 6 years after the defeat of Soubise at Notre Dame de Riez and Saint Gilles